Classroom Under the Sky
To promote the holistic development of all our children so that children can become confident, resilient, independent and creative learners. We also aim to provide children with opportunities to be risk-takers so that they can become problem solvers in their own environment. The aim of our Forest School is to develop children’s knowledge of the world around them so that they can become curious and respectful. We want children to have the ability to explore, investigate and discover their natural environment and their own feelings.
- Forest School is a long-term process of regular sessions, rather than one-off or infrequent visits; the cycle of planning, observation, adaptation and review links each session.
- Forest School takes place in a woodland or natural environment to support the development of a lifelong relationship between the learner and the natural world.
- Forest School uses a range of learner-centred processes to create a community for being, development and learning.
- Forest School aims to promote the holistic development of all involved, fostering resilient, confident, independent and creative learners.
- Forest School offers learners the opportunity to take supported risks appropriate to the environment and to themselves.
- Forest School is run by qualified Forest School practitioners, who continuously maintain and develop their professional practice.
- To provide opportunities for curiosity, exploration and investigation.
- To inspire and motivate our learners.
- To enhance children’s communication skills and ability to work as a team.
- To equip children with love and respect for the outdoors.
- To develop healthy bodies and healthy minds.
- To develop independent learners.
- To build resilience, confidence and responsibility.